Monday, July 21, 2014

Hi-Chew Premium - White Grape review

Share it Please

Hi-Chew premium is a fun line of high quality Hi-Chew in a bag. The bag is also resealable, for easy snacking. The flavor I am reviewing today is white grape. It comes in a 40g bag that contains 140 calories. I bought the candy for $1.32 from Candysan.


The back of the bag contains all the product information.


The total number of candies. Each candy is about the size of a nickle, but much, much thicker.

Taste

The initial taste is just slightly sweet. I let it sit in my mouth for a moment and it didn't taste like anything or melt. If you lick it, it does taste sweet and reminiscent of grapes or muscat. Sucking on it really brings out a sweeter flavor, but still not strong. Chewing it brings forth the most flavor. The flavor of the candy actually isn't very strong. It is kind of light and sophisticated. Not too sweet, but sweet enough. It is not as strong as other, regular Hi-Chew flavors, but more refined, I suppose.

Scent and Texture

There is not really any scent to this product. The texture is interesting. I licked it, and the candy was rough. The candy is surrounded by a semi-soft shell, which wraps the soft, center, chewy candy. I let it sit in my mouth, and it didn't melt. Chewing it gets rid of this shell and I was left with a very chewy candy. I'm not sure if they are chewier than regular Hi-Chews. I don't think these last as long. Chewy, but not so chewy they stick to my teeth. That's good!

Repurchase?

Yes, I'd buy these again, but probably not as many as the regular rolls of Hi-Chew. I like the resealable package, as it is slightly less waste compared to the rolls, but the rolls are much easier to take along and share.

Overall

7/10. I love Hi-Chew, and these were good, but most of the rolls of Hi-Chew have tastier flavor. I'm not really certain what is so "premium" about these because I don't see any improvement over the regular Hi-Chew. In fact, there may be a slight downgrade in the flavor department. They are interesting and very tasty, but not the best I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Subscribe

Follow The Author