Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Ippon Manzoku Bar - Matcha Green Tea Review - Japanese Nutrition Snack Bar

Share it Please

Ippon Mazoku is a brand of nutrition bars from Japan. They come in a variety of flavors, including cheesecake and Matcha, which is the one I am reviewing today!

If you search on YouTube, you can find some crazy commercials for these. Apparently, these are targeted toward office workers.


The back of the package is pretty boring. I know you can't see the nutrition information, but these are around 190 calories per bar.


This is what the bar looks like unwrapped. It has a thick matcha flavored layer with a cookie crust.


You can see that there some white chocolate chips throughout the bar, which add sweetness!

Taste

The first bite of this bar, the matcha is really apparent. It has a light, but noticeable matcha flavor, but as I took more bites of the bar, the green tea flavor was drowned out by the overall sweetness of the bar. It isn't as sweet as American nutrition bars, but it still has a lot of sugar in it. Thankfully, the bottom cookie crust helps to balance it out a bit. The cookie crust isn't sweet, only the green part of the bar is really sweet. After several bites, it no longer tastes of matcha when chewed, though there still is a matcha aftertaste!

Scent & Texture

It smells like a faint, sweet cookie. There isn't much of a scent. It doesn't smell like matcha. I like the texture of this bar a lot. It is crumbly in the mouth, but fairly dry. It is best to drink this with tea or water, maybe even milk. I feel like milk would pair well with it, which would make it a good, quick breakfast.

Repurchase?

Yes! I actually really like this bar. I don't know, but the texture of the bar makes me want to eat more of them. I don't think I can really explain it, but I'll be ordering more of these.

Overall

7/10. While not the best nutrition bar I've ever had, it is quite tasty. It tastes more like a cookie bar than a nutrition bar. It does somewhat lack in nutrition, as it has only 3g of protein. Most bars I purchase have around 10g, so this wasn't very filling. I had to deduct some points for that.


If you're interested in this bar, you can find it at CandySan. Just look in the snacks section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Subscribe

Follow The Author