Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Meiji Karu Stick Potato Snack - Curry Flavor Review

Share it Please

Meiji Karu Sticks are flavored potato snack sticks. From what I've seen, all the flavors have been curry related. This was my first purchase of the snack and I bought them from CandySan for around $1.50.

The snacks come in the container, shown above. Mine was a little dented, but it didn't matter because most of the sticks inside were whole and none of them were crushed. It's a pretty sturdy cardboard package.


This is the top view of the container. It just shows basic information of the product.

I know I didn't get a picture of the nutrition information, but these are about 250-300 calories for 51g of snacks. That's quite high.


The opened package is above! :D There's quite a few sticks on here, but they are light. You can see that they are somewhat hollow, but thick.


These sticks are pretty yellow, probably from the curry spices. They also are quite long!

Taste

The first taste of these was somewhat spicy. I was disappointed, though, because I thought they would have a stronger curry flavor. The taste is rather weak and just slightly spicy. They aren't even all that spicy. It was not what I was expecting. I love curry, especially strong curries, so I was sad to taste them because they really are lacking in flavor.

Scent & Texture

These are very thick potato chips. They're very crunchy and, hm, just taste thick? xD I dunno. They're an interesting potato stick texture. It's very hard to describe. Since I'm not a food expert, I'm at a loss of words. I like the texture a lot, but the flavor was not too good. If they had more flavor, they'd be a very nice potato snack. I didn't really notice a scent, other than vague curry spices.

Repurchase?

No, I would not buy these again. The flavor was too weak and the calorie count was too high considering they didn't taste amazing.

Overall

I would give these a 4/10. I can buy much better potato snacks locally, so I was not impressed. I would not purchase them again even if they were easy to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Subscribe

Follow The Author