Sunday, July 20, 2014

Maxim Patissiena - Café Choco Parfait Instant Coffee Review

Share it Please

Maxim Patissienma is a brand of fancy "cafe" coffee drinks. I say fancy, but they're not too fancy considering they come in stick form. Also, the picture on the front makes the drink look much, much better than it really is. You do not get that much delicious foam and the chunks are kinda gross, unlike the picture.


Each box has 4 sticks. Each stick is mixed with about 150ml of hot water and has around 80 calories per drink.


It fills up a 6oz bodum double-walled glass. There isn't a lot of foam. At least, this isn't "real" foam, like on a cappuccino. For comparison, this is what my usual drinks look like:


So, you can probably guess I wasn't impressed by the appearance of the drink. :p

Taste

When mixed with the proper concentration of hot water, the beverage is very rich and chocolaty. It does not really taste like coffee. I can only pick up the chocolate taste. It tastes slightly better than the run-of-the-mill hot chocolate in the US, like Swiss Miss, but not as good as higher priced hot chocolates, like Bellagio or Ghiredelli. For a cheap, instant drink, it is quite good, but it makes a very small cup - about 6 oz. I


Scent and Texture

I pick up a light cocoa scent. The texture of this is kinda weird. There are small chocolate bits throughout the drink. They are soggy. They kinda taste like soggy Cocoa Krispie cereal. I'm uncertain if they are pleasant or not. I don't think they add anything positive to the drink. I don't mind them, but I can see how they might weird some people out. If you don't like soggy cereal, I'd definitely avoid this drink, because with every sip, you'll get some soggy cocoa bits. It would be a lot better if it were actual chocolate, like chocolate chunks or something similar.


Repurchase?

No, I'd probably not buy this flavor again. I don't think the soggy cereal bits added too much to this drink. I own a Nespresso, so it is quite easy for me to make a decent coffee drink at home, so these sticks just weren't very impressive. I'd imagine even if you didn't have a fancy coffee machine, you'd still probably wouldn't want to buy them a second time, because there are plenty of chocolate drink options out there that are better and can be purchased at your local grocery store.


Overall

5/10. It is better than low quality hot cocoa, but it still has some points deducted for the weird, soggy bits that add nothing to the drink. It also makes a really small cup, 6oz or so. It also doesn't have good foam. I like foam. If you like foam, you will be sad.

If you do want it, Candysan currently sells them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Subscribe

Follow The Author