Saturday, July 12, 2014

UFO Yakisoba Instant Noodles Review

Share it Please

I have an obsession with Yakisoba Noodles. My absolute favorite instant yakisoba is the Ippei-chan with the mayo packet. I just love these and could eat them for every meal. Since I love yakisoba so much, I decided to order several bows of the UFO noodles. They looked really good, so why not?


Each package is around 600 calories, which is quite a bit, but pretty normal for pre-packaged yakisoba. Like most instant yakisoba, it has a little spout for draining the water. The directions are something like this:


  1. Peel back the bottom of the foil to the line (labeled "2")
  2. Fill with hot water.
  3. Wait 3 minutes (I like to wait 5-10)
  4. Pull back the drain foil, labeled "3"
  5. Drain the noodles through the holes.
  6. Add the sauce packet! Mix it up real good.
  7. Sprinkle with the last packet and enjoy the noodles!
So, you can see, these are pretty foolproof noodles.


I like that there are some little bits inside of the package, like cabbage. It adds a little flavor.


The finished product looks quite lovely for an instant noodle bowl!

Taste

It tastes like yakisoba. If you don't know what yakisoba tastes like, well... It tastes like an instant fried noodle. The sauce is somewhat fruity, yet savory. It is kinda hard for me to the describe the flavor other than fruity/savory. It is not overpowering and the flavors meld perfectly. The flavor of this one is actually a little weaker than the Ippei-chan, so I'd say go for this one if you are uncertain if you enjoy the fruity flavor profile of yakisoba. 

Scent and Texture

I didn't notice much of a scent. I really need to start really sniffing the food I try. The texture is as you would expect - the noodles are soft and... um, noodles. If you let them sit longer, they'll get softer. I enjoyed the texture of the little protein pieces in there.


Repurchase?

Yes! I'd buy these again and just add some wasabi mayo on top.


Overall

8/10. They aren't perfect, but they're convenient and delicious. The noodles are tasty and only take a few minutes to make, so it's great to have them on hand for when I really want some yakisoba, though I'll always buy the Ippei-chan noodles first, I'll buy the UFO ones for a change. 

These can be purchased on eBay, from Candysan and Oyatsu Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Subscribe

Follow The Author