Sunday, July 20, 2014

OyatsuBox July 2014 Review & Spoilers!

Share it Please

I've been obsessed with subscription boxes for the better part of the past four years. They're just so... incredibly fun. So, when I discovered OyatsuBox, I just had to sign up! Every month, you get a box full of Japanese candies/snacks delivered to your door - straight from Japan! The cost is $25, which is pretty good! I was prepared to pay that much because I love subscription boxes and I love Japanese snacks. Seems like a no brainer to me!


Rilakkuma Honey Butter Pretzel Sticks - These are super good pretzel sticks. My daughter ate them right away, so uh, I only got a few and can't review them individually.

Dragonball Heroes Gummy and Collectable Card - Dragonball Heroes is an arcade game exclusive to Japan. This package contained 1 gummy candy and 1 card. The card is to be used in the arcade game, but if you live outside Japan, you're out of luck and it does nothing but look pretty.


Koikeya Scon - Japanese BBQ Corn twist - OMG, these are so good. I've had them before. They're not as strong and sweeter than American BBQ flavored stuff. It was a huge bag, with several servings, and I ate it in one sitting. I'd blame my daughter for eating them all, but she's 2, so it's like, she only ate 1 or two chips. So, yes, I'm just that fat. But really, try these.


LOTTE japanese drink candy mix - I've always wanted these, but never wanted to order from JBox or Napa Japan to get them. I'm not sure why. xD But anyway, I'm SO HAPPY these are in here! That alone keeps my subscribed. XD They're just so cute! I love the idea of candies flavored like popular soft drinks.


Yamoto sushi restaurant style miso soup - I am not big on miso soup, but I will eat this. There are 3 servings in the package. I've tried it already. There is a miso packet plus a packet of vegetables for each serving. There's a TON of vegetables in each serving, and I was pretty impressed. I do love me some seaweed, so I was actually happy with the soup, even if I wouldn't buy it due to my non-love for miso. Don't get me wrong, miso is alright, but I'd rather eat other stuff.


Umaibo Premium - Camembert cheese and Mentaiko  - I LOVE UMAIBO!! I'm sure everyone does. I'm so super happy to have gotten these. Oh, they're premium!


Hi-Chew Premium Grape - I wasted no time with this, as you can tell. :p

Koala no March - Strawberry - Lotte, you need to start selling the peanut butter flavor in the United States again. 20 years ago, as a kid, I would get the peanut butter "Koala's March" from the grocery store! I dunno what ever happened to them, but I assume they just stopped selling them in the US. I wish I could get them again! I remember loving them! I like the strawberry.

One thing to try: put them in the fridge! They're really good cold.

----

As you can probably tell, this is a fantastic, fun box. I highly recommend signing up if you love Japanese snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Subscribe

Follow The Author